E-Vam Institute Statement of Purposes Written by Traleg Kyabgon Rinpoche IX
The Purposes of the Association are:
1. To study, practice, educate and enlighten the public in the teachings of Buddhism.
2. To preserve the Kagyu tradition of Tibetan Buddhism, being the spiritual lineage of His Holiness the Gyalwa Karmapa of Tibet.
3. To foster co-operation and harmonious relationships with all Buddhist and non-Buddhist traditions and religions pursuing humanitarian ideals.
4. To preserve Tibetan Buddhist philosophy, logic, metaphysics, art, sacred dance, crafts and skills and Tibetan medicine.
5. To establish Buddhist centres, schools, colleges, institutions, universities, monasteries, communities and retreat centres, presenting programs compatible with Buddhist philosophy as directed by the Venerable Traleg Kyabgon Rinpoche.
6. To do every act incidental to and helpful towards religious and social harmony and education of people in realizing the spiritual unity amongst all people.
7. To promote and maintain activities for purposes of an ancillary to educational, social, charitable, philanthropic, benevolent and humanitarian work, both in Australia and other countries.
8. To provide for or assist in providing for the material educational and spiritual needs of Buddhist refugees coming from other countries. This sub-clause (2A)(viii) is not to be interpreted in any way as limiting the scope of any of the other objects.
9. To provide facilities for the conducting of weddings, funerals, birth celebrations, special prayers for the sick and ailing, and other religious ceremonies, and for the engagement by individuals or groups in study, contemplation, meditation and prayer.